Saturday, February 20, 2010

Conversations with an almost-4-year-old

Me: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Him: "I will be a fireman. But I will get so tall because firemen are so tall. And then I won't fit into our house."
Me: "But will you visit us?"
Him: "I will be at the firehouse with the other firemen and I will be teaching fire safety."
Me: "Okay, that's pretty important. I understand. What do you think your little brother wants to be when he grows up?"
Him: "Probably a salesman."
_________________________________

Me: "Don't cover your nose; you need it to breathe."
Him: "Oh I can breathe on my own."
Me: "Your lungs help you breathe."
Him: "I don't have lungs."
Me: "Yes you do, they're inside your chest just like lots of other things inside your body that you don't see (start naming organs...)"
Him: "Is my brain by my eyes?"
Me: "Yes it's inside your head."
Him: "Well I don't feel it. But I do hear it. When I shake my head I can hear it."

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Nothing wrong with being a salesman.

I laugh every morning when I walk Riley into kindergarten and pass the pre k classrooms. On the outside walls hang drawings of "What I will be when I grow up" and I swear that more than half of those kds want to be grocery checkers. Think about it. That's a REALLY powerful job to a preschooler. You are in charge of who gets to take the food home.

I think I just thought of a blog post. :)

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.