Friday, September 25, 2009

Overachieving Already

"It made the children laugh and play, laugh and play, laugh and play, it made the children laugh and play to see a lamb at school," I sang, proud of myself for getting all the way to the third verse, oh yeah.

He listened. Absorbed.

"Would you laugh if a lamb came to your school?" I asked.

"No."

"Oh, okay," I said, trying to remember the words to another song to keep things moving along. He had already had a testy morning. ("No Mom, don't park in the garage!" "No, I don't want to wear these shoes!" "Reid, DON'T TALK TO ME!")

But then, the rest of his thought spilled out.

"Because I would pet it. And then I would put a collar around it and attach it to one of those things (a leash? uh huh) and then we would go for a walk and I would walk next to it and pet it and then we would come back to my school and it would lie down on the floor and I would attach it to a string with black lines so nothing else could get to it and there would be a strap up here and I think that would be a good idea."

No.

The best idea.

No comments: