Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What I've Learned

A year ago today I gave birth to my blonde baby. My little mini-surfer dude. And what a year it has been since! I doubled my volume of offspring, bought a house, lost 35 pounds, welcomed three new sisters-in-law and a niece, completed two more classes towards my master's degree and got a promotion. And I launched a blog! I joined the masses of "mommy bloggers" in the blogosphere, even though most of them don't know I'm here with them...yet. (But hopefully they'll want to be friends? Circle one: yes, no, or maybe?)

Great year, huh!?

I also learned a lot about mothering (since I was suddenly doing twice as much of it) and about nystagmus (my baby's diagnosis) and speech delay (that we are starting to get to finally get to the other side of with my toddler). I learned that it is hard to see your infant anesthetized for an MRI. I learned that no matter how close we get, my sister and I will likely never again have a relationship with our father, and that it's okay to look for the positives in bad situations and not try to fix everything. I learned that my mom is one of the most selfless people I know and I will never be able to show her the depth of my gratitude. I learned that I can be an entrepreneur without taking an accounting class. That I prefer the Gulf to the Pacific. That my New Year's resolutions are going to be the same. Every. Single. Year. That I get giddy about a good deal (who would've thunk it 10 years ago!!) and my husband loves that. And that I have a certifiable addicition to cafe mocha and unfortunately it's an expensive addiction (there goes the benefit of those "good deals" I get giddy about).

What does year two as a mom of two have in store for me? Although I've learned to savor every second because of what "they" say about it flying by far to fast, I can't wait to find out.

No comments: